Women and Child Development Department Swachata Action Plan 2022- 23
Namchi, 9th May: Under Mission Vatsalya the Child Care Institutions (CCI) of Namchi District conducted various Swachata Activities during the month of April 2023. CCI are associated for the care and protection of the child. The cheerful participation of children in Swachata Activities provided children significant knowledge about cleanliness, hygiene, health and waste management etc.
Under the supervision of District Child Protection Unit, W&CDD, Namchi District the five CCI namely Kapinzal Children Home, Mayal Layang Children Home, Turuk Children Home, Manjusha Short Stay Home and Suraksha Open Shelter Home conducted the following Swachata Activities:
• Cleaniness drive at CCI premises and it’s sorrounding areas.
• Painting competition, art and craft making of recycled items.
• Group discussion, orientation programme on health, hygiene and water.
• Plantations of tree and fruit bearing saplings.
• Painting of CCI.
• Training by ASHA on hand washing, menstrual hygiene and nutritional diet.
• Making of nutrition garden and kitchen garden.
• Cleaniness of water storage tank.
• Making of garbage pit for bio-degradable and non bio-degradable separately.
• Beautification of CCI premises.
• Distribution of hand wash, soaps and towels to children.
(Press Release from Women and Child Development Department)